training : general computing
shortcuts that every employee should know
Learn computer shortcuts that can save precious time every day, including:
- organizing your Start Menu
- quickly zooming in and out of documents in Word and Excel
- applying formatting quickly using the Format Painter
- shortcuts for copying and pasting
- printing an envelope from Word in 10 seconds
Special focus will be given to Microsoft Excel, covering a wide variety of Excel-related tips like working with functions, using keyboard shortcuts, creating charts, and ways to save time (and paper) when printing.
Beginners and experts will all learn something new, guaranteed! (Recommended Time: 3 Hours)
computer and network security
This class on computer security covers basic concepts including:
- avoiding viruses and "spyware"
- avoiding junk mail
- being smart about your password
- preventing security breaches
Learn how "hackers" can get into the system and how you can play your part in locking them out!
Applied Office will work closely with your HR and IT departments to ensure class materials and instruction match your existing security, email, and computer usage policies.
searching the internet
Participants will learn all the tricks for making the most of Google and Yahoo, discuss the pros and cons of Wikipedia, and discover some of the best ways to search for information quickly on the web. (Recommended Time: 1 Hour)